Introducing the Nucleus® Smart App for iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®.
The Nucleus Smart App – engineered alongside the Made for iPhone Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor1 – gives recipients control of the way they connect with the world. This new and innovative app includes highly anticipated features such as Find my Sound Processor, settings control and data logging.
One of the most exciting features of the Nucleus Smart App is the Find my Sound Processor functionality. Recipients and parents can use the Nucleus Smart App to determine the last place the sound processor and Apple device were connected. The app utilizes Apple Location Services – a combination of cellular, Wi-Fi and GPS – to determine the location. This saves your patient from the headache of having to replace their sound processor.
The Nucleus Smart App is revolutionizing how cochlear implant recipients connect with the world by giving them the ability to control their hearing settings across a range of different environments. This provides the recipient with the best possible sound quality at their fingertips.
- Adjusting volume control – your patient can now fine-tune the sensitivity, treble, bass and master volume limit bilaterally or individually.
- Program shift – the sound processor will automatically switch between programs based on environment conditions.
- True Wireless™ freedom – stream from different audio source accessories and adjust volume of each one individually.
- Battery status – verify remaining battery levels.
- Control the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor – parents are able to lock the buttons and lights on their child’s sound processor from their paired iPhone.
Hearing Tracker records and displays data on a bar graph that is easy for the recipient to interpret. This function tracks and plots the following factors separately per side:
- Time in Speech – refers to the amount of time during a day that the recipient is in an environment that contains speech.
- Coil Offs – refers to the number of times in a day the recipient removes their sound processor from the implant.
Cochlear is thrilled to introduce this new app in order to make it easier for your patients to control how they hear and connect to the world. Download the free app! Try it in demo mode to familiarize yourself with all the new features the app has to offer. For an online interactive demonstration, click here.