Choosing a cochlear implant is a big decision. Be it for yourself or a loved one, you want to trust that you are choosing the best hearing solution for today and for a lifetime. Along with hearing performance, implant reliability is an important consideration. The reliability of the implant you choose is a measure of product quality, and it means peace of mind not just today but for all the years to come.
Cochlear’s implants are the most reliable in the industry, which is one of the reasons why Cochlear is the most chosen and most trusted hearing implant company.1-2 With over 300,000 implants worldwide3, no other company can match our record for implant reliability. 3-5
Click here for additional information on Cochlear’s commitment to Reliability.
©Cochlear Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Hear now. And always and other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of Cochlear Limited or Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
1. Cochlear Americas [Data on file] – Guidepoint Market Share Data, 2017 April.
2. Cochlear Annual Report, 2016 August [Internet: pdf document]. 2016 August [cited 2017 May 1]. Available from: www.cochlear.com.
3. 2017 Cochlear™ Nucleus ® Implant Reliability Report, Volume 15, January 2017 [cited 30 May 2017].
4. Reliability You Can Count On [Internet]. MED-EL. April 2017 [cited 30 May 2017]. Available from: http://www.medel.com/reliability-reporting/.
5. 2016 Cochlear Implant Reliability Report [Internet]. 028-M797-02 RevB ©2016 Advanced Bionics AG and affiliates. All rights reserved.[cited 30 May 2017]; Available from: http://www.advancedbionics.com/content/dam/ab/Global/en_ce/documents/candidate/2016-cochlear-implant-reliability-report.pdf.
6. Comparing latest generation implant reliability among manufacturers. Cochlear™ Nucleus Profile that has a Cumulative Survival Percentage (CSP) of 99.94% over 3 years compared to MED-EL SYNCHRONY implant that has a CSP of 98.96% over 2 years and HiRes 90k Advantage (by Advanced Bionics) has a CSP of 99.65% over 3 years. See reliability reports above. Data may be subject to updates by each manufacturer.