Today is Cochlear Implant Awareness Day! This important day reminds us as professionals that there are many adults and children with hearing loss who would likely benefit from a cochlear implant (CI) but are unaware or not sure how to begin the process towards better hearing.
At Cochlear , our goal is to empower, to transform, and innovate so that we may deliver a lifetime of hearing outcomes to those with hearing loss. As CI professionals, we know that you understand the bright future that this technology holds for recipients. However, we also know that there is more work needed to raise awareness in the general population about the benefits and outcomes seen with cochlear implantation.
As a hearing healthcare professional, I am sure you have seen first-hand the need to increase awareness. Do you have ideas on how to raise awareness? If you have ideas and would like to partner with us to help increase the understanding of what a cochlear implant is, who is a candidate and how your patients can find out more information about cochlear implants we invite you to share those with us.
We invite you to tweet your ideas on how to raise cochlear implant awareness. Include in your tweet “#raiseawareness” and send your ideas to @CochlearUS
The future of cochlear implants is bright and it is important the world know about this remarkable technology. We feel honored to have your support in this endeavor. We look forward to hearing about your ideas on how we can work together to raise awareness about cochlear implantation.
As the industry leader for over 30 years we are proud of our accomplishments including:
- The Market Leader in Innovation and Technology
- Over 450,000 Nucleus® Recipients world-wide
- The world’s first multi-channel CI on the market—introduced in 1978
- The world’s first behind-the-ear sound processor – The Esprit™—introduced in 1998
- A long history of innovation and processor upgradeability
- Best long-term implant reliability¹
- True wireless freedom with our portfolio of wireless accessories and Smart Hearing Alliance partnership with GN ReSound
- Dual-microphone and SmartSound® iQ technology² make listening easier – especially in noise
- First and only behind-the-ear waterproof solution with the Cochlear™ Nucleus® Aqua+³
- Implants designed for preservation of cochlear structures
- The first to offer datalogging—a comprehensive report on the sound processors use and activities
- The first to offer a comprehensive patient warranty: 5- Years and No Questions Asked
- First FDA-approved Hybrid™ Implant System4
- Hybrid™ Hearing available to users of the N6 Sound Processor5-7 on all electrode types.
- The Kanso Sound Processor – the only off-the-ear CI sound processor with dual microphone technology
- Made for iPhone (MFi) technology available in the Baha 5 family of products8
- And the innovative breakthroughs will continue!
©Cochlear Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Hear now. And always and other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of Cochlear Limited or Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Cochlear Limited. Cochlear™ Nucleus® Reliability Report. Sydney, Australia: Cochlear Limited; 2016
- SNR-WR, WNR and SCAN are approved for use with any recipient ages 6 years and older, who is able to 1) complete objective speech perception testing in quiet and in noise in order to determine and document performance 2) report a preference for different program settings
- The Nucleus Aqua+ accessory is IP68 rated and is approved for use with rechargeable batteries and is not approved for use with the acoustic component. The Nucleus 6 Sound Processor is water-resistant without the Nucleus Aqua+ accessory to a level of IP57 of the International Standard IEC60529 when used with rechargeable batteries.
- Hybrid™ L24 Implant System is available for adult recipients (>18 years) and was FDA approved in March 2014.
- The acoustic component should only be used when behavioral audiometric thresholds can be obtained and the recipient can provide feedback regarding sound quality.
- The Cochlear Nucleus Hybrid acoustic component is not compatible with the Kanso Sound Processor. The Kanso Sound Processor is not intended to be used by Hybrid L24 Cochlear Implant recipients who receive benefit from the acoustic component.
- Hybrid Hearing is not yet available for the N22 family of implants.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.